Karate 101 for Adults
- September 21, 2023
- January 18, 2024
- April 18, 2024
- July 18, 2024
- September 19, 2024
The content of each class depends on the instructor and the students present. You may work on any or all of the following:
• Floor-based warm-up (pushups and core work)
• Stretching to improve flexibility and prevent injury
• Karate basics and moving basics
• Sparring drills and practice
• Self-defense training
• Open-hand kata instruction and practice
• Weapons training
• Monday 6-8pm – Tournament skills
• Monday 8-8:30pm – Weapons training
• Tuesday 6-8pm – Blackbelt test prep
• Tuesday 8-8:30pm – Weapons training
• Wednesday 6-7:30pm – Kata
• Thursday 6-7:30pm – Basic skills
• Saturday 10:30am-noon – Varies
• Saturday noon-12:30pm – Weapons training
• Saturday 1-3pm – Blackbelt test prep
Annual membership dues for the International Karate Federation, our parent organization, are $24 per year and are included in some tuition packages.
Each rank promotion has an associated fee. Please check with instructors.
A beginner’s karate gi costs between $25 and $40 and can be purchased at FKU. The introductory packages include a beginner karate gi.
FKU offers 10% discounts for quarterly payments and for immediate family members.
With the mind-body connection of karate, you’ll gain strength, coordination, discipline and confidence. And you’ll have fun in a safe, supportive, sweat-inducing environment.
Karate engages your mind as well as your body, and is an excellent lifetime activity that can be adapted to your changing needs and abilities. Karate is for everyone. Your training can be individualized to adapt to any fitness level or physical challenge.
Here is what to expect as you begin your training.
Contact us to speak with an instructor for more information.